TOTAL AIR TEMPERATURE PROBES
Total Air Temperature (TAT) Probes play a crucial role in flight operations, influencing fuel temperatures on long journeys, guiding anti-ice system usage based on both TAT and static air temperature (SAT), aiding in Mach number and true airspeed calculations essential for cruise flight and navigation, and providing the necessary data for engine thrust settings and auto throttles.
Our flight specific TAT Probes are designed to reduce errors associated with radiative heat transfer, withstand varied environmental conditions, and operate at velocities up to Mach 1. TAT Probes can be manufactured in a variety of configurations for use in flight, engine and wind tunnel testing, and even integrated with other air data solutions.
- Standard tip diameter 3.18 mm; Optional, 2.38 mm, or 6.35 mm
- Temperature ratings up to 500°
- Standard 300 Stainless steel construction
- Custom engineering solutions available
- Standard media: non-reactive gases, air, water, and other fluids