A Rake is a probe or probe assembly with multiple tips, and allows for multiple measurements to be taken simultaneously. These probes save valuable resources by reducing set up and test times.
Rake Probes are ideal in applications where schedule or cost must be reduced. Because multiple measurements are taken simultaneously, there is no need to run a test, move the instrument, and rerun the test. Rake probes are often used when measuring high swirl inlet flows for turbomachinery and automotive engine compartments.
- 1, 3, 5, or 7 hole
- Kiel, Pitot, or TAT heads available
- Standard tip diameter is customizable
- Accepts flow angles up to ±30° (in a single plane) for 3-hole probe, ±50° for 5-hole probe, and ±70° for 7-hole probe
- Temperature ratings up to 500° C
- High accuracy NIST traceable aerodynamic calibrations
- Up to 3000 discrete aerodynamic calibration points per speed
- Standard 300 Stainless steel construction
- Standard media: non-reactive gases, air, water, and other fluids
- Angle error of less than ±1°
- Velocity error* of less than ±1% or ±1 m/s