For flows with high amounts of swirl, such as in the wake behind automobiles, our 12-hole Omniprobe is an ideal measurement choice. A micro-machined spherical tip accommodates 12 pressure ports that allow for measurement of +/- 150 degrees of flow angle.
Omniprobes are frequently used for high-angularity wake measurements around automobile wheels, wake measurements behind automobiles and rolling-road wind tunnels.
Omniprobes are also ideal in applications where the predominant direction of the flow is not known in advance or where the probe may see a complete reversal of the flow during testing, such as in wind engineering or combustor swirl flows.
Downloadable Omniprobe Brochure
- 12 hole
- Spherical tip geometry
- Standard tip diameter 6.35 and 9.53 mm
- Capable of measuring flow vectors up to ±150 °
- Temperature ratings up to 500° C
- High accuracy NIST traceable aerodynamic calibrations
- Up to 9000 discrete aerodynamic calibration points per speed
- 303, 304 Stainless steel construction; Optional nickel based super alloy for high strength
- Custom engineering solutions available
- Available in Straight and L-shaped geometries
- Standard media: non-reactive gases, air, water, and other fluids
- Angle error less than ±2°
- Velocity error less than ±3% or ±0.005 m/s (whichever is larger)