The curved neck design of the L-Shaped probe allows for less blockage of airflow downstream because the shaft of the probe is mounted perpendicular to the tip of the probe, removing the shaft from the air stream.
The L-Shaped probe is ideal for wind tunnel testing environments because its design places the tip of the probe directly in the airflow while keeping the probe fixture to the side where it will not disrupt the air flow.
Downloadable Conventional Probe Brochure
Contact us today for more information about the L-Shaped probe.
- 1, 3, 5, or 7 hole
- Standard tip diameter 1.6, 2.4, 3.2, and 6.35 mm
- Accepts flow angles up to ±30° for 3-hole probe, ±50° for 5-hole probe, and ±70° for 7-hole probe
- Temperature ratings up to 500° C
- High accuracy NIST traceable aerodynamic calibrations
- Up to 3000 discrete aerodynamic calibration points per speed
- 300 Stainless steel construction; Optional nickel based super alloy for high strength
- Optional embedded thermocouple
- Custom engineering solutions available
- Standard media: non-reactive gases, air, water, and other fluids
- Angle error less than ±1°
- Velocity error less than ±1% or ±1 m/s