WORKING AT AEROPROBE
We are a group of smart, dedicated professionals who enjoy a fast-paced environment, challenging technical work, and fun co-workers! Teamwork and communication are central aspects to our workdays and we pride ourselves on finding proactive, talented individuals for all aspects of the company.
Each and every person on our team is equally important to our success, be they aerospace or mechanical engineers, welders, software developers, electronic lab technicians, CAD designers, material scientists, calibration specialists, or sales, marketing, or office personnel. We’re all in it together and dedicated to creating quality products that make a difference.
We are always looking to expand our family and we look forward to welcoming new members to the Aeroprobe team. Choose from the list below to see what positions we are actively pursuing. If you believe you’d be a good fit at Aeroprobe, but do not see a position that fits your exact skills, submit a résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.
At Aeroprobe we want our employees to feel appreciated and cared for. Therefore, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports a greater quality of life. The health of our employees is at the top of that list. We pay 100% of the cost to insure our employees for health, dental, long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
Additional benefits include:
- Paid Time Off – additionally, our offices are closed between December 25th and January 1st so we can start each year feeling refreshed, and provide our employees time to spend with their families at the holidays.
- Matching retirement fund contributions and a pre-tax HSA plan.
- Performance bonuses
- A kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Recreational office-wide events
- Community service opportunities
- Aeroprobe University – monthly lectures with lunch provided
Christiansburg, located in Montgomery County, Virginia, is a fantastic place to live and work. We’re situated between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the New River, both of which provide one-of-a-kind hiking and other outdoor activities. Our close proximity to renowned universities, including Virginia Tech, and the larger city of Roanoke make us a hub for technology, innovation, and commerce. The numerous industries and educational institutions that call our area home set the stage for a unique mix of cultures, arts, and sciences.
To learn more about our home, visit http://www.christiansburg.org.
Seeking a highly-motivated, high-energy Executive Assistant to the CEO with a positive attitude to join our growing team. The right candidate for this position will demonstrate the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-pressure environment. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communications and interpersonal skills and a passion for getting things accomplished.
- Executive Support
- Provide specialized and complex administrative activities in support of the CEO.
- Maintain and manage CEO’s calendar of upcoming appointments, key events and activities; schedule business travel arrangements and coordinate events and meetings.
- Anticipate the needs of the CEO and proactively solve problems and/or independently handle issues as necessary.
- Develop, review, edit, and draft presentations, memos, in collaboration with the CEO. Independently research and compile materials needed for presentation and/or decision-making purposes.
- Office Management
- Perform administrative work associated with the day-to-day management of the office.
- Public Relations and Marketing Support
- Support all PR efforts, including media responses
- Provide presentations and tours on behalf of the CEO
- Manage trade show logistics
- Monitor marketing budget
- Manage website and advertising projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Software experience in Outlook, MS Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to showcase independent thinking, good judgement, confidence, and problem solving in given situations.
Seeking a self-motivated Mechanical (CAD) Engineer. In this position, the engineer will work closely with the manufacturing team to design precision, high quality parts relevant to the aerospace and turbomachinery industries. The engineer will work closely with the sales team to clearly communicate technical information to Aeroprobe customers.
- Create form and fit drawings for customer approval
- Create detailed manufacturing assembly and part drawings
- Perform structural analysis
- Assist sales team in creating quotations and estimates
- Procure outsourced parts as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience with computer aided design software (CAD)
- Ability to learn quickly
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Clear communicator and responsive
- SolidWorks CAD software experience
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of machining, cutting tool selection, and CNC operations
- Experience with manual machining
- Experience interacting with customers
- Familiar with structural analysis methodologies