WORKING AT AEROPROBE
We are a group of smart, dedicated professionals who enjoy a fast-paced environment, challenging technical work, and fun co-workers! Teamwork and communication are central aspects to our workdays and we pride ourselves on finding proactive, talented individuals for all aspects of the company.
Each and every person on our team is equally important to our success, be they aerospace or mechanical engineers, welders, software developers, electronic lab technicians, CAD designers, material scientists, calibration specialists, or sales, marketing, or office personnel. We’re all in it together and dedicated to creating quality products that make a difference.
We are always looking to expand our family and we look forward to welcoming new members to the Aeroprobe team. Choose from the list below to see what positions we are actively pursuing. If you believe you’d be a good fit at Aeroprobe, but do not see a position that fits your exact skills, submit a résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
At Aeroprobe we want our employees to feel appreciated and cared for. Therefore, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports a greater quality of life. The health of our employees is at the top of that list. We pay 100% of the cost to insure our employees for health, dental, long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
Additional benefits include:
- Paid Time Off – additionally, our offices are closed between December 25th and January 1st so we can start each year feeling refreshed, and provide our employees time to spend with their families at the holidays.
- Matching retirement fund contributions and a pre-tax HSA plan.
- Performance bonuses
- A kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Recreational office-wide events
- Community service opportunities
- Aeroprobe University – monthly lectures with lunch provided
Christiansburg, located in Montgomery County, Virginia, is a fantastic place to live and work. We’re situated between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the New River, both of which provide one-of-a-kind hiking and other outdoor activities. Our close proximity to renowned universities, including Virginia Tech, and the larger city of Roanoke make us a hub for technology, innovation, and commerce. The numerous industries and educational institutions that call our area home set the stage for a unique mix of cultures, arts, and sciences.
To learn more about our home, visit http://www.christiansburg.org.
Aeroprobe Corporation is seeking an experienced and versatile Electrical Engineer. In this position, you will design and develop electronic air data systems relevant to the aerospace industry. Aeroprobe offers a fast-paced and dynamic environment where you will fully utilize your engineering skills from new product design to production.
- Embedded processor systems design, including component selection, specification, and sourcing.
- Board level design and development including PCB layout and routing using ECAD tools.
- Design, develop, integrate and test sensor interfaces (especially pressure transducers) with embedded electronics or data acquisition devices.
- Work closely with mechanical engineering team to design electronics enclosures.
- Prototype and test new electronics and system designs.
- Develop software for embedded processors and computers.
- Develop test procedures for electro-mechanical systems and subsystems.
- Design, develop, and document cable assemblies.
- B.S. degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- C programming experience
- Experience using ECAD tools
- Familiar with software configuration control using Git
- Conceptual understanding of metrology, aerodynamics, and/or flight mechanices
- Experience using Python, Matlab, and/or LabView
- Knowledge of MIL-STD and DO testing standards
Seeking a highly-motivated, high-energy Executive Assistant to the CEO with a positive attitude to join our growing team. The right candidate for this position will demonstrate the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-pressure environment. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communications and interpersonal skills and a passion for getting things accomplished.
- Executive Support
- Provide specialized and complex administrative activities in support of the CEO.
- Maintain and manage CEO’s calendar of upcoming appointments, key events and activities; schedule business travel arrangements and coordinate events and meetings.
- Anticipate the needs of the CEO and proactively solve problems and/or independently handle issues as necessary.
- Develop, review, edit, and draft presentations, memos, in collaboration with the CEO. Independently research and compile materials needed for presentation and/or decision-making purposes.
- Office Management
- Perform administrative work associated with the day-to-day management of the office.
- Public Relations and Marketing Support
- Support all PR efforts, including media responses
- Provide presentations and tours on behalf of the CEO
- Manage trade show logistics
- Monitor marketing budget
- Manage website and advertising projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Software experience in Outlook, MS Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to showcase independent thinking, good judgement, confidence, and problem solving in given situations.