WORKING AT AEROPROBE
We are a group of smart, dedicated professionals who enjoy a fast-paced environment, challenging technical work, and fun co-workers! Teamwork and communication are central aspects to our workdays and we pride ourselves on finding proactive, talented individuals for all aspects of the company.
Each and every person on our team is equally important to our success, be they aerospace or mechanical engineers, welders, software developers, electronic lab technicians, CAD designers, material scientists, calibration specialists, or sales, marketing, or office personnel. We’re all in it together and dedicated to creating quality products that make a difference.
We are always looking to expand our family and we look forward to welcoming new members to the Aeroprobe team. Choose from the list below to see what positions we are actively pursuing. If you believe you’d be a good fit at Aeroprobe, but do not see a position that fits your exact skills, submit a résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
At Aeroprobe we want our employees to feel appreciated and cared for. Therefore, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports a greater quality of life. The health of our employees is at the top of that list. We pay 100% of the cost to insure our employees for health, dental, long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
Additional benefits include:
- Paid Time Off – additionally, our offices are closed between December 25th and January 1st so we can start each year feeling refreshed, and provide our employees time to spend with their families at the holidays.
- Matching retirement fund contributions and a pre-tax HSA plan.
- Performance bonuses
- Recreational office-wide events
- Community service opportunities
- Aeroprobe University – monthly lectures with lunch provided
Christiansburg, located in Montgomery County, Virginia, is a fantastic place to live and work. We’re situated between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the New River, both of which provide one-of-a-kind hiking and other outdoor activities. Our close proximity to renowned universities, including Virginia Tech, and the larger city of Roanoke make us a hub for technology, innovation, and commerce. The numerous industries and educational institutions that call our area home set the stage for a unique mix of cultures, arts, and sciences.
To learn more about our home, visit http://www.christiansburg.org.
As Chief Financial Officer you will work with the CEO and leadership team to lead the development and execution of company business strategies.
We seek a candidate that possesses a proven track record with extensive experience in financial leadership within a manufacturing company. The CFO will be a senior member of the executive management team, reporting to the CEO, and be responsible for all accounting, treasury, human resource, risk management, export compliance and information technology functions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive the company’s financial planning, forecasting, and reporting
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Ensure export compliance and oversee shipping activities
- Human resources
- Tax planning and reporting for S corporation and wholly owned subsidiary
- Treasury management including investment strategy and cash flow management
- Risk and insurance management
- Formal education in accounting and experience in a manufacturing environment is required. CPA certification preferred.
- Substantial and successful experience in accounting, finance, and information technology in a manufacturing environment. Specific experience in defense contracting and/or aerospace is highly desirable.
- Leadership and communication skills to gain the cooperation and respect of employees at all levels. Developing and managing others is a necessary skill. Strong systems experience with ERP platforms and competency with computer systems in general.
- Excellent knowledge of operations, planning, and strategy
- Substantive experience in standard cost accounting functions, general ledger and financial accounting as well as functions of accounts receivable, credit and collections, accounts payable, customer invoicing and financial reporting
- Experience in information technology management
- Experience in DCAA/DCMA compliance and reporting
Aeroprobe Corporation is seeking an experienced and versatile Electrical Engineer. In this position, you will design and develop electronic air data systems relevant to the aerospace industry. Aeroprobe offers a fast-paced and dynamic environment where you will fully utilize your engineering skills from new product design to production.
- Embedded processor systems design, including component selection, specification, and sourcing.
- Board level design and development including PCB layout and routing using ECAD tools.
- Design, develop, integrate and test sensor interfaces (especially pressure transducers) with embedded electronics or data acquisition devices.
- Work closely with mechanical engineering team to design electronics enclosures.
- Prototype and test new electronics and system designs.
- Develop software for embedded processors and computers.
- Develop test procedures for electro-mechanical systems and subsystems.
- Design, develop, and document cable assemblies.
- B.S. degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- C programming experience
- Experience using ECAD tools
- Familiar with software configuration control using Git
- Conceptual understanding of metrology, aerodynamics, and/or flight mechanices
- Experience using Python, Matlab, and/or LabView
- Knowledge of MIL-STD and DO testing standards