Pitot-Static probes measure total and static pressures and can be used to compute flow velocity.
The Pitot-Static probe is most commonly used in applications where only an air speed measurement is desired. Wind Tunnel facilities commonly use Pitot-Static probes to characterize their wind tunnels because the angle of the air flow is known.
The aviation and unmanned systems industries also use Pitot-Static probes to measure the aircraft’s speed, Mach number, and altitude.
- 1 hole
- Standard tip diameter 3.2 mm, 6.35 mm, 9.53 and 11.1 mm
- High accuracy NIST traceable aerodynamic calibrations
- Up to 500 discrete aerodynamic calibration points per second
- Standard 300 Stainless steel construction; Optional nickel based super alloy for high strength
- Optional integrated total air temperature sensor
- Custom engineering solutions available
- Standard media: air
- Accepts flow angles ranges of ±1° Angle of Attack and Angle of Sideslip
- Average measured velocity deviation of ±1% or ±1 m/s (whichever is larger)