The Cobra probe’s design is ideal for testing environments where air flow will change regularly. The tip of the Cobra probe stays in line with the shaft so it does not change locations when it is rotated to receive measurements from a different angle.
The Cobra probe is often used in wind tunnel testing applications where the air flow conditions are changed intentionally and regularly. The Cobra’s design saves set up time by eliminating the need to remount the probe each time a new measurement is needed.
- 1, 3, 5, or 7 hole
- Standard tip diameter 1.6, 2.4, 3.2, and 6.35 mm
- Accepts flow angles up to ±30° for 3-hole probe, ±50° for 5-hole probe, and ±70° for 7-hole probe
- Temperature ratings up to 500° C
- High accuracy NIST traceable aerodynamic calibrations
- Up to 3000 discrete aerodynamic calibration points per speed
- 300 Stainless steel construction; Optional nickel based super alloy for high strength
- Optional embedded thermocouple
- Custom engineering solutions available
- Standard media: non-reactive gases, air, water, and other fluids
- Angle error less than ±1°
- Velocity error less than ±1% or ±1 m/s